Sunday 7 July 2019

Last year, Her Universe teamed up with Square Enix to produce a new Tomb Raider-themed clothing line, described as the online store's first gaming-inspired collection. For the collection, they teamed up with cosplayer, Hannah Kent, who took inspirations from aspects of the classic and modern Tomb Raider interpretations.

While the clothing line was more affordable for fans, with items priced between $25-95, a significant difference compared to other official merchandise released during that time, it is still a quite an expense. For those who liked the pieces but found them to be too pricey when they were announced, Hot Topic currently has a sale on currently, reducing the costs for ALL Tomb Raider-inspired pieces.

The cheapest item is the "Training To Take On A T-Rex" teal tank top costing just $8, with the majority of the rest of the line marked at 20% off. The more expensive end of the collection costs, the jackets, are around $42-67, but comes with a surprising "Buy One Get One $1" deal.

You can check out the full Tomb Raider line-up on Hot Topic, HERE


The Her Universe lineup features five fantastic outfits including tank tops, yoga pants, jackets, and sports bras. The collection went live in September 2018, ahead of Shadow of the Tomb Raider's launch.

Following its reveal, Hannah spoke a little about her work on the project on her Facebook cosplay page, describing it as being "near and dear" to her heart. "I remember my dad bringing home the very first Tomb Raider game back in the 90s. He put it on his PC and he, my brother and I would sit for hours every night playing together. It was one of my biggest motivators to finish my homework!"

"Over the years I’ve returned to the franchise several times, even replaying all the old games because of how wonderful they are. I’ve also absolutely loved the new vision that Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have brought to Lara’s story in the new games. I definitely can’t wait for the release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider next week either!" She adds, "getting the chance to do this collection and share my love of this incredible franchise with so many other amazing fans has been such a dream come true and an incredible blessing. I love what I’ve been able to create with Her Universe and hope that others will love it too. Thank you to Ashley at Her Universe for this opportunity and Meagan Marie at Crystal Dynamics for always supporting and believing in me! I’m truly grateful and can not thank you all enough."

In addition to her work with Her Universe, Hannah was also the Official Tomb Raider Cosplay Ambassador at the Shadow of the Tomb Raider reveal event in Montreal, and created the cosplay patterns for the Shadow of the Tomb Raider tank top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment